smith rock… final

smith rock... final
So, about yesterday’s shot… it wasn’t HDR. It a was a B&W version of what you see here. My technique is all done in Adobe Camera Raw for Photoshop CS3. I can save the settings for each image into a single XMP file and then apply them to multiple files. I usually tweak here and there for flavor, but the main look is done in one click.

Now, hypothetically speaking, if you could get the XMP file to this image, would that be of interest to you (my dear blog followers)? Would you be willing to pay a small amount for it?

8 comments
Add a comment...

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

• JVL02/19/2008 - 7:32 am

Money for services/intellectual property! Scandalous! What has the internet come to. I would say, likely, yes. I have paid for tutorials from Chromasia – so that might be a reference point as pricing goes – though it may not reflect value to you.ReplyCancel

• Mike02/19/2008 - 7:33 am

I think I'll manage to re-produce the "effect" somehow.ReplyCancel

• Phil02/19/2008 - 7:35 am
  • Bob02/19/2008 - 7:55 am

I think I might buy it if you sold it. I'm curious about the technique of other photographers. I, of course, do my own thing, but I could always learn something new.ReplyCancel

• Homajon02/19/2008 - 9:05 am

Nice shot. I like the color of the sky!ReplyCancel

• Gerald02/20/2008 - 2:17 am

Yes, I would certainly pay a small amount for it.ReplyCancel

• Mike02/21/2008 - 9:57 am

Thing is: the settings are not exact science and will therefore not fit for one's own pictures. I have installed Matt Kloskowski's presets (xmp) for Lightroom and hardly used any. Once you've seen a bit of work of other artists/photographers, you start seeing in a picture what sort of work's been done in Raw/Lighroom.
    On the other hand… xmp-files without the original raw isn't as interesting as the combination.
    ReplyCancel

• langford02/23/2008 - 12:37 am

id rather hear the gist of how you do it than pay for the xmp.ReplyCancel