My Latest Printed Portfolio

The good folks at Wonderful Machine just put a video of my portfolio on YouTube. Here it is for you viewing pleasure:

This portfolio was a general overview of all my work. I’m working on building books for each specialty.

6 comments
Add a comment...

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

• Squid02/11/2010 - 7:21 pm

wow, that look amazing. They pictures POP! Imagine how it would look on an iPad?ReplyCancel

• Lincoln Barbour02/11/2010 - 7:44 pm

I’m sure it’ll be iTacular.ReplyCancel

• KW02/17/2010 - 8:42 pm

very very wow. eyecandy.ReplyCancel

• alexandra stafford06/20/2010 - 6:53 am

Beautiful work, website, blog, everything! Found you through Lucid Content.

If you don’t mind my asking, what are the dimensions of your printed portfolio? I’m a student at UCLA Extension and am in the process of assembling my portfolio. Also, do you have any tips on where an amateur such as myself should print some of my pieces? I haven’t had much luck at Kinkos.

Thanks!
    AliReplyCancel

• Lincoln Barbour06/20/2010 - 9:35 am

Thanks for the kind words!

The dimensions for that portfolio is 11×11 and the post bound book is from Lost Luggage. I do my own prints on a Canon Pixma Pro9500 using Moab paper that is cut, scored, and drilled for the Lost Luggage line. Moab also makes scoured/drilled paper for Pina Zangaro post bound books, which are a little less expensive.

If you don’t want to make your own prints, I would recommend getting prints made from a real photo lab (i.e. not a grocery store photo lab) and then putting them in acetate sheets that come with either Lost Luggage or Pina Zangaro books. Not sure where you’re located, but in Portland Digicraft and Pro Photo Supply do a great job. Elsewhere, I would probably just get them done through White House Custom Color or AdoramaPix and have them shipped to you.

Hope that helps.ReplyCancel

• alexandra stafford06/20/2010 - 12:20 pm

Thank you, Lincoln, for your very swift and thoughtful response. This is all very helpful. I’m going to do some research based on your response right now. Thanks so much again!

AliReplyCancel